Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rain & Grandkids

OK, OK, we get it. It can stop raining now. We see that the worrisome low lake levels of a few years ago were not permanent. We'll remember and not worry so much next time. Promise.

Grandpa, and I and my sister had the grandkids for the first week of summer Kids' Camp last week. We loved having my sister, known to our grandchildren as Aunt Gramma Marge, staying at Stone Lodge and acting as Activities Director. She's a wonder - beloved by all, especially kids. Next time her grandchildren may be able to come too.

We had only 4 little ones this time, but they are young: 6, 6, 4, 3. We needed all the help we could get. We will have the kids here one week each month this summer to create Gilbert Lake memories.

The four extra staff I ordered (I wish!) never showed. And - hmmm - no one told me about the laundry.


We all had a wonderful time. Visited 4 area playgrounds, had picnics, did innumerable craft projects. The big hits were the mud-pies in the driveway and swimming twice a day - no matter how cold.

My sister and I are going to create a booklet about this venture - including all of our adventures and her great craft ideas. We're calling it Where's Jack?

No comments:

Post a Comment