Saturday, September 4, 2010

New blog

I introduce this blog, dedicated to Gilbert Lake, WI - my favorite place to be.

I hope you'll join me to read bits and pieces about Gilbert Lake and the things and non-things going on here.

Comments that I write are mine alone and do not represent the positions of the Gilbert Lake Advancement Association, though I do currently serve on that board. I may, however, shed some light on the highly secret machinations of the workings of the Board. For instance - at today's biannual meeting - we were served kringle. Now there's a tidbit I did not want to miss. Yum!


You will forgive my shoot-from-the-hip style, or not - as you wish. It's what I do best, and worst.

For today:
  • weather is windy and sunny - fall temperatures.
  • fall Board meeting was held this morning. It was organized, fruitful and blessedly short.
  • Labor Day weekend sailing regatta has be postponed until tomorrow. Sometime the wind is just too much. BTW - isn't it cool that Ross Richards has organized this?

Onward! Come back tomorrow to see if I've prettied up the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment